- Is the nursery open to the public? Our nursery is a busy dispatch centre and viewings are not possible. Collecting trees can be arranged by appointment (dispatch charges will be refunded).
- How do you measure trees? Smaller trees are measured in height (up to 250cm), whilst more mature trees are measured by girth size (circumference of the stem taken 1 metre up from soil level).
- Can I call for advice? We have a wealth of information in the help and advice section, but if you cannot find what you are looking for, please call our friendly team on 01943 660870.
Ordering & Delivery
- Can I add to my existing order? As long as your order hasn’t been dispatched, you can usually add to your order. Please call 01943 660870 to make additions.
- How will my order be delivered? Trees are packed in specially designed containers and delivered using couriers who've been tried and tested over many years.
- When will my order be delivered? Please see the delivery page for estimates. Once ordered, we will keep you updated.
- When will my pre-order be delivered? Trees on pre-order are still growing and an estimate of when they will be ready is given on the basket page. Orders will be despatched when all trees are ready.
- What if I'm not in when you deliver? Don’t worry, we can leave your order somewhere safe as instructed by you in your delivery instructions. (For example, ‘ leave through side gate’. )
- Where is the rootgrow I ordered? Please check inside the plastic bag as we stow it there to keep it safe.
Planting & Tree Care
- Do you supply a planting service? Sorry, not at this time.
- How big should I dig my planting hole? We recommend digging a hole as deep as the pot/rootball and approximately twice as wide.
- How do I plant my trees? Our tree planting guide covers the vast majority of our trees. For bare root trees, see our bare root tree planting guide.
- When do I need to water my trees? For the first two years, water well and regularly through spring/summer. Increase in hot or dry weather. If planting in autumn, you may only need to water a little.
- How do I prune my trees? The help and advice section contains detailed advice.
- How long can I keep a potted plant before planting it? Most of our potted trees can be kept in their pots a month prior to planting and will require daily watering in hot or very dry weather.
- Why does my tree have no leaves? Deciduous trees lose their leaves in winter, whilst trees in containers are more susceptible to temperature changes so often lose their leaves earlier.
- Why is my tree is a different colour to expected? The foliage on some ornamental trees changes colour with the seasons and not just in autumn (see specific product pages). To protect our Japanese Maples from strong sunlight, we keep them in a shade house that can affect the leaf colour, but their natural colouring will develop once planted outside.