Evergreen Trees & Ornamental Conifers
Ornamental Trees Ltd boasts a wide range of Evergreen trees and ornamental conifers, perfect for small gardens and larger planting schemes.
Benefits of planting an evergreen tree
Evergreen trees are a great choice when planning a garden and will add structure, colour and texture to your aesthetic, all year round. Evergreen trees are known as nature's architecture and create a rich canvas for other, more seasonal plants and trees.
Our range of evergreen trees for small gardens include: Pines, Cedars, Firs, Spruce, Junipers and Yew. From the popular Blue Atlas Cedar to the more unusual Monkey Puzzle tree. Our website makes it really easy to find evergreen trees for any planting site, including evergreen trees for shade or sunny positions.
Interesting facts about ornamental conifers & small evergreen trees
- Pine trees, a variety of ornamental conifer, can live for up to 1000 years.
- The oldest living pine tree is the pinus longaeva found in the White Mountains, California and is thought to be 4,600 years old!
- The wood and oil from Cedar trees is a natural repellent to moths, hence the use of 'cedar chests' for storing clothes.
- Fir trees include some of the most popular varieties of Christmas trees as they have fragrant needles which are less likely to shed than other species of ornamental conifers.
- The Wright brothers first aircraft was made from the wood of Spruce trees.
- Captain Cook made alcoholic, sugar based Spruce beer for his crew as it is high in Vitamin C and helped to prevent scurvy on long voyages.
- Juniper trees are know for their berries which are a commonly used spice and also the key flavouring of gin. The word gin is actually an abbreviation of the Dutch name for Juniper 'Genever'.
- Evergreen trees, such as juniper, are symbols of longevity, strength and fertility.
For more information on our great range of small evergreen trees, contact our Sales and Service team. Or, visit our Help & Advice section to read more.